The Tattooed Poets Project: Rebecca Wolff

    Like Brendan Constantine yesterday, Rebecca Wolff was a carryover poet from last year. That is, we couldn't quite coordinate getting a post together for the Tattooed Poets Project in 2009. Fortunately, we were able to get everything lined up this year.

    Good things come to those who wait.

    Rebecca sent us two tattoos. We'll let her describe them for us:

    "I have seven tattoos, and the ankle is number 4. I got it in 1990, in a dock-side sailor-type tattoo parlor in Glasgow, Scotland, when I was about 22.


    The artist was kind of a big lug, and none too bright, and at a certain point in the tattoo (I had my eyes closed) he said, "Uh, did you want the Z and the A to meet?" and I was like, "Yeah," and he was like, "Uh oh," so if you look closely at the latter end of the alphabet (right around the STUV) you'll notice it kind of gets all squinched up, and then the WXYZ is kind of all spread out so as to make it all the way around.

    The wild rose on my side is what I still believe to be my final tattoo, though I find myself craving sleeves often.


    I got it when I was about 31, in about 1999, and it's the only really super figurative tattoo I have. The others are all kind of ironic symbols of symbolism. So the idea was to jump into full-color symbolism and then leave it at that, and that's what I've done.


    This one was done at a place on Canal Street in NYC by a young Japanese artists whose name I never really caught."
    Be sure to head over to BillyBlog to read a poem Rebecca selected just for us!

    Rebecca Wolff is the author of three books of poems: Manderley, Figment, and The King. Her novel The Beginners is coming out in 2011 from Riverhead Books. She is the editor and publisher of Fence and Fence Books, and publisher of The Constant Critic. She lives in Athens, New York, with Ira Sher and Asher Wolff and Margot Sher.

    Thanks to Rebecca for sharing her tattoos with us here on Tattoosday!




Post Title

The Tattooed Poets Project: Rebecca Wolff


Post URL

http://mysteryw8loss.blogspot.com/2010/04/like-brendan-constantine-yesterday.html


Visit mysteryw8loss for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive