Tattoos from the Blogosphere: Matt's Canva Gypsy Head


    We're revisiting an old friend, Mat, whose last piece posted here, will link you to two previous posts as well. Mat had dropped off my radar a while, but these photos remained in my inbox, awaiting to see the light of Tattoosday.

    Here's the finished piece:


    Mat explains, "I've attached a new leg piece. I got recently of a cavna gypsy head. Dustin Golden from Roanaoke, VA. was doing a guest spot [at 713 Tattoo] and had a last minute cancellation. I jumped on it."

    What is a "canva gypsy head"? I'm still not sure, but Mat responded to my recent query for further clarification on the motivation behind the piece: "That Kafka mask was sort of a "gypsy" phase (which I am finding myself in now again). The real shiner of that piece was Dustin's red inks, which he mixes himself."

    Indeed. The piece just jumps out at you like a bolt of light in a dark alley.

    Thanks again to Mat for sharing and illuminating his ink for us here on Tattoosday!

Post Title

Tattoos from the Blogosphere: Matt's Canva Gypsy Head


Post URL

http://mysteryw8loss.blogspot.com/2008/11/were-revisiting-old-friend-mat-whose.html


Visit mysteryw8loss for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List