Two for Tattoosday: Hawai'i Calling and a Pin-Up Boy

    I met Joakim and Marina last month on the sidewalk, just outside of the 34th Street Penn Station entrance.

    The couple were visiting from Sweden and it was Joakim's sleeves that jumped out at me.

    He shared this one segment on his lower right arm:


    He asked me if it looked familiar. It did, but I couldn't quite place it. He smiled, and told me it's a variation on the cover of The Clash's quintessential album, London Calling,


    Joakim loves the Clash and loves Hawaiian culture, so he designed had the tattoo artist design the piece to merge both elements for a great tattoo.

    The piece was inked by Big Fat Joe at a shop called Art by Fafnir in Stockholm.


    I turned to Marina and asked if she had any tattoos. She smiled and said she did, removing her jacket to reveal this piece, also by Joe:


    "It's my pin-up boy," she laughed. Her variation on the traditional pin-up girl is going to tie in with a sleeve she is working on, as well.

    She remarked that the artist was "thrilled" to do this tattoo, because it was not the typical pin-up tattoo.

    Thanks to Joakim and Marina for sharing their great tattoos with us here on Tattoosday!

Post Title

Two for Tattoosday: Hawai'i Calling and a Pin-Up Boy


Post URL

http://mysteryw8loss.blogspot.com/2009/10/i-met-joakim-and-marina-last-month-on.html


Visit mysteryw8loss for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive